The Cluster of Bioeconomy and Environment of Western Macedonia (CLuBE) is a platform for cooperation of the three pillars of the regional economy: the public sector, research and entrepreneurship. The Cluster seeks to develop synergies between local and regional players and businesses in bioenergy and the environment, aiming at introducing and developing innovation in the sector and increasing its added value.
CluBE is developing R&D and business activities in the fields of bioenergy and environment, in order to reinforce smart, bio, green and circular economy in the region and the neighboring area, namely through:
- Energetic exploitation of biomass for household and industrial use and especially for district heating systems for small, medium or large cities
- Increasing the share of biofuels and biohydrogen in the energy mix of transportation fuels
- Co-firing with lignite in existing power stations and/or future heating plants
- Optimization of heating systems
- Improvement of energy efficiency for households, public and private buildings