In-JeT is involved in several Smart Society research projects because we want to strengthen our technology and knowledge base for the services we offer in this domain.
The main aims of our research activities are:
- to acquire technologies and knowledge that supports Smart Society Internet Based Services on the Future Internet: Internet of Things and Internet of Services. We are in particular interested in developing applications using service oriented architecture (SOA), interoperability and self-configuration of devices, context awareness, intelligent service orchestration, robustness and scalability of services;
- to increase our knowledge of applications and services on the Internet of Things and Services, such as energy efficiency, Smart City infrastructures, smart buildings and green buildings, remote monitoring, life-cycle traceability, carbon footprint recordings, etc.;
- to acquire knowledge and skills in energy efficiency applications, to understand how the utility companies operate across Europe, the economic systems in place, the national and EU regulations to be enforced and how we can deploy technologies for Smart Cities and smart buildings that can help consumers save energy and even out energy consumption over the day resulting in lower peak consumption;
- to understand the technological challenges associated with life-cycle monitoring and traceability of products; consumer products, foodstuff, industrial products, etc., using advanced Internet of Things capabilities;
- to understand the business systems and develop the proper business models that allow us to present convincing and sustainable business cases to stakeholders and decision makers for our products and services.
Below is a list of our present and past Smart Society projects.